Wine. Check. Spicy Sausage. Check. One Pot? Heck, yes! We made a White-Wine and Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato infused Bucatini that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or your next dinner party. Buon Appetito!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 spicy Italian Style Pork Sausages (about 14 ounces total) (casings removed and discarded)
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups dry white wine (or replace with chicken stock)
- (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 21/2 cups water
- 1 pound bucatini
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot or dutch oven (that can fit your bucatini lengthwise) heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove sausage from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining olive oil to the same pot and add shallot, let cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to soften. Add garlic and cook one minute more. When garlic is fragrant and golden brown add the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let cook 1 minute more.
Once the spices are fragrant, deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the wine to a simmer and cook until it has reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
Add the Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and water and bring to a simmer. Add the bucatini and cook covered over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring the pasta every minute or so. After 10 minutes, check the doneness of the pasta. If it is still firm, add ½ cup more water and cook until the noodles are al dente.
When the pasta is cooked to your liking, remove it from the heat and stir in the reserved sausage, butter, Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!