If there's one dinner that I crave time and time again, it's definitely a Greek salad. There's something about the simplicity and freshness of a tomato, cucumber, olive, and red onion salad with a heavy hand of feta that always sounds SO delicious at the end of a long day. This salad is taken to the next level with golden brown baked pita wedges and yogurt-marinated chicken breasts. A brief marinade in the yogurt helps to tenderize the protein while imparting a rich flavor throughout. If you don't feel like firing up the grill, you can always cook the chicken on a grill pan, on a cast iron, or in the oven. Whatever works for your weeknight hustle!
- 1 (14 ounce can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/ 2 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/ 2 cup black kalamata olives
- 1/ 2 cup arugula (or spinach)
- 1 cup sliced ` cherry tomatoes
- 1/ 2 cup organic goat feta
Classic Lemony Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/ 2 teaspoon oregano
In a bowl, toss together all salad ingredients.
For the vinaigrette: Shake or whisk everything together, pour on salad right before serving. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.