For the Spicy Pizza Dip
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and small diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can Tomato Love Sriracha Diced Tomatoes with Red Chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- Pepperoni, julienned (optional)
For the Garlic Bread
- 1 small loaf Italian bread (gluten-free, if necessary), sliced
- 1 1/ 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1/ 3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Flaky sea salt
Make the Pizza Dip
Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
Heat olive oil in a medium oven-safe saucepan over medium heat until gently shimmering. Add chopped onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add Red Gold crushed tomatoes and Tomato Love Sriracha Diced Tomatoes with Red Chilies and stir until well combined. Stir in dried oregano, butter (if using), salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
Make the Garlic Bread
While sauce simmers, combine softened butter, garlic, Parmigiano cheese, and parsley in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons butter over each slice of bread, then arrange on a baking sheet.
Top tomato sauce with shredded cheese and a layer of pepperoni, if using. Cover pan with foil or a tight fitting lid. Transfer pan to the oven along with the bread and bake until cheese is fully melted, about 10-12 minutes. Remove cover and broil until cheese and pepperoni are golden, about 5 minutes. Note: you may need to remove garlic bread from the oven before the pizza dip if it becomes golden more quickly.
Let pizza dip cool slightly before sprinkling with more Parmigiano cheese and parsley. Serve with garlic bread for dipping.
Dive into this spicy pizza dip made with sweet Red Gold Tomatoes and spicy Tomato Love Sriracha Diced Tomatoes with Red Chilies made with real Huy Fong sriracha! Top with two types of cheese for the perfect gooey, cheesy appetizer your friends are gonna love. The quality tomatoes make all the difference.