- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup cooked or canned lentils
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/ 4 cup water
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices of pita bread, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the Moroccan spice mix and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Season to taste.
Add lentils, diced tomatoes, and water and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer.
Add baby spinach, cook 1-2 minutes.
Using a spoon, make small wells in the sauce and add an egg to each. Bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Heat a skillet over high heat. Drizzle the pita bread with olive oil and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp and charred. Slice pita into wedges for dipping.