- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Hand Crushed Tomatoes with Basil & Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- parmesan rind, optional
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves finely chopped or hand ripped
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced, plus wedges for serving (optional)
- Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved, for serving
- flaky sea salt, for serving
Heat olive oil in a large skillet with deep sides over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, for about 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, followed by the Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Hand Crushed Tomatoes with Basil & Sea Salt, and herbs. Stir, then cook 1-2 minutes more.
Add stock, then add the drained chickpeas, season with salt and pepper. Add in the parmesan rind, and Swiss chard. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then cover, reduce the temperature slightly, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When the beans are tender and the Swiss chard has wilted, stir in the juice of half a lemon. Remove the parmesan rind. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve immediately with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, a pinch of flaky sea salt, cracked black pepper, and more lemon wedges, if desired.