This is the ultimate, go-to dinner for those busy nights. Picky-eater approved, these adorable, gluten free pizza toasts are highly customizable, as well as a fun way to get the kids excited to help out in the kitchen. Udi’s Sprouted Bread provides the perfect base for a fun, tasty dinner. We used fresh mozzarella for a rustic, elevated look, but if shredded mozzarella is what you have, that works too! Whatever substitutions you make, don’t skimp on the fresh basil! What’s a slice of ‘za without it?
Click here for more Gluten Free Pizza recipes!
- 1 loaf Udi’s Sprouted Bread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-oz) jar pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 (16-oz) ball fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Desired optional toppings (olives, pepperoni slices, pepperoncini, pickled red onions, sauteed mushrooms, crumbled sausage, etc).
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, mix garlic and olive oil. Line bread slices on baking sheet lined with a wire rack and brush oil mixture on each of the bread slices. Bake bread until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
Spread sauce on top of each slice. Top with torn mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and edges of bread are toasted, about 10-15 minutes.
Top with fresh basil, olive oil, red pepper flakes and desired toppings. Serve immediately.