Simmer down now! We used Simply Organic Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce to make this easy Instant Pot Red Lentil Tortilla Soup. This little packet packs a lot of flavor; it’s filled with warm notes of chili, rich and fragrant cumin, tangy tomato and a touch of herbaceous flavor thanks to oregano. The best part? All you have to do is toss the whole thing in the Instant Pot with some red lentils, a few veggies, some stock and diced tomatoes and you have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Simply Organic Simmer Sauces are Organic, Non-GMO, contain no artificial colors or flavors and are all vegan-based. Our favorite part? They make getting a flavorful dinner on the table a total breeze!
To see more recipes using Simply Organic Spices, click here!
Recipe and Headnote Molly Adams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Simply Organic Black Pepper, as needed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped, optional
- 1 1/ 2 cups split red lentils
- 1 (8 ounce) package Simply Organic Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Radishes, thinly sliced for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Add olive oil to Instant Pot and set to ‘Sauté’ function. Once hot, add garlic, onion, red pepper, green pepper, poblano pepper, jalapeño and sweet potato and cook for about 5 minutes, or just until the vegetables start to soften. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add chipotle pepper (if using) then add red lentils, Simply Organic Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce, diced tomatoes and vegetable stock. Stir well to combine. Add lid and set valve to ‘Seal’. Set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure.
Serve soup garnished with toppings of choice.