Roasted Red Pepper Shakshuka with Garlic Naan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Kosher salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Calabrian chili paste
- 3 large eggs, up to 5
- 1/ 3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/ 4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- toasted garlic naan, for serving
In a pan over medium heat, sauté olive oil, onion, red bell pepper, and salt for 5-6 minutes until fragrant.
Add garlic, paprika, and cumin. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and Calabrian chili paste. Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.
Make 3 to 5 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs. Cover and cook until the eggs are set, 5 to 8 minutes. [Note: The timing will depend on how runny you like your egg yolks.]
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with feta, cilantro, and avocado. Serve with toasted garlic naan or your favorite bread.