Ready for the ultimate Philly-Style Cheesesteak? Pile on Land O Lakes® Deli American for the ultimate gameday sandwich. The key to perfectly thin strips of steak? Freezing the meat for an hour before slicing. What are you waiting for?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, sliced into half moons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. Ribeye, frozen for 45-60 minutes, then thinly sliced
- 4 (10 in.) Italian sub rolls, split down center
- 8 slices Land O Lakes® Deli American
- Optional toppings: Pickled Cabbage, Sliced Jalapeños and Banana Peppers
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onions and peppers and season generously with salt and black pepper. Add butter and sugar and cook, adding a splash or so of water if vegetables are browning too quickly, until golden brown and very tender, 25–30 minutes.
Add onions and peppers to a large bowl, add vinegar and more salt if needed, then set aside.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet, then add meat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Preheat the broiler and place rolls on a heavy baking sheet. Divide the meat among the four rolls, then top with onions and peppers. Add two slices of Deli American to each roll, then place under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until bubbly. Top with desired pickled vegetables and serve.