Reinvent taco night with these Coconut Cauliflower tacos! The cauliflower is marinated in Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Plant Based Coconut Beverage, lime juice and spices, then roasted to golden perfection. The leftover marinade is used in the fluffy coconut scented quinoa as well as the decadent tahini drizzle.
Check out the giveaway we are running with our friends at Pacific Foods here and be sure to enter for a chance to win an awesome prize!
- For the Cauliflower and Quinoa:
- 1 head cauliflower, stem trimmed, leaves removed and sliced into ½ inch slices
- 21/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Plant Based Beverage
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- For the Tahini Sauce:
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- Juice of one lime or lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Reserved Coconut Beverage (from above)
- For the Tacos:
- 8 Gluten Free Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Hot sauce, optional, to taste
Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and cover with the Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Beverage. Stir in the salt, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450˚F. When cauliflower has marinated for 30 minutes, drain the liquid and reserve. Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil and add the cauliflower. Roast for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, measure 2 cups of the leftover brine and add to a small saucepan. Add turmeric (if using). Bring to a boil, then add quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is fluffy and all the liquid has been absorbed. Let quinoa sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
While the quinoa is cooking, make the tahini drizzle. Add the tahini and lime juice to the remaining reserved brine and whisk until smooth.
When ready to serve, reheat the corn tortillas in a dry skillet, or directly over a gas burner until warm and pliable.
Add a scoop of quinoa to each tortilla a top with cabbage, carrots, cilantro and cauliflower. Drizzle with tahini sauce, fresh lime and hot sauce (if using).