Burst Tomato Pasta
Serves or Makes: 3-4
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 pound Brie, rind removed and torn into large pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguine
At least 2 hours before serving, combine the tomatoes, Brie, basil, garlic, the 1 cup olive oil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the linguine, and boil until tender but still firm, 8-10 minutes.
Drain the pasta and immediately toss with the tomato sauce. Serve at once, passing the peppermill, and the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese if you like.