It doesn’t get much cozier than this easy Green Curry Noodle Soup. No need to buy a lackluster curry paste from the store, make a fresh one at home with the Calphalon ActiveSense™ Blender!
The New ActiveSense Technology senses the load of the ingredients and accurately adjusts the speed, blade direction, and blending time while taking into account the pre-set options for precise results every time. This blender doesn't need you!
For the Green Curry Paste:
- 2 packed cups fresh cilantro stems and leaves, rinsed
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1 (2 inch) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tender inner bulb only, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 32-ounce cartons chicken stock
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 8 ounces cooked according to package directions flat rice noodles
- Fresh basil, optional, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, optional, for garnish
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/ 4 red onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Add all ingredients for the Green Curry paste to the Calphalon ActiveSense™ Blender and set to ‘Salsa,’ thickness chunky. Process until mixture resembles a coarse paste.
Add coconut oil to a large stock pot. Once melted, add all of the green curry paste and cook for 4 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Once chicken stock reaches a boil, add chicken and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from broth and shred with two forks.
Add coconut milk to the chicken broth, and bring to a simmer. Return shredded chicken back to the pot and let cook for 5 minutes.
Serve the soup over cooked rice noodles garnished with basil, cilantro, radishes, red onion, red chili and lime.