We used Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth to make this Easy Green Chile Chicken Stew. Their bone broth adds an instant depth of flavor without having to spend too many hours over the stove. It comes together in just 30 minutes, and is a great way to use up all that sweet summer corn!
Learn more about the giveaway we are running with our friends at Pacific Foods here and be sure to enter for a chance to win an amazing prize!
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro, divided
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chiles
- 6 cups Organic Pacific Foods Chicken Bone Broth
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed, cobs reserved
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (thighs or breast) (or 4 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced)
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Lime slices, for serving
Make sofrito by adding onion, tomatillos, jalapenos garlic and half of cilantro to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Alternatively chop everything finely by hand.
In a sauce (with a tight fitting lid) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add sofrito and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, chopped green chiles corn cobs and bone broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add chicken*. (If using pre-cooked chicken, add that after the soup simmers, when you add the corn kernels).
Cover and cook at a gentle simmer over medium low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Remove cobs.
Stir the corn kernels into the soup, then once cool, shred the chicken and return that to the pot as well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the reserved cilantro, radishes, avocados, tortilla chips and greek yogurt.