We used Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth in this summer inspired One Pot Chicken and Spaghetti dish. We know, breaking spaghetti is not traditional, but neither is cooking the noodles in a protein rich bone broth - give it a try and thank us later! While you're at it, check out the sweepstakes we have with Pacific Foods here for the chance to win some awesome prizes!
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 1 1/ 2 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/ 2 cup white wine (or use more Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 32 oz Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 pound spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls, drained
- 1 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
Heat a 5.5 qt dutch oven or a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Once shimmering, add chicken and cook for about 8-10 minutes per side, or until chicken is firm to the touch and cooked through. Place cooked chicken on a plate and tent with foil.
To the same pot, add the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes begin to brown, then deglaze the pan with wine (or Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth), scraping up any brown bits that have formed on the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until most of the wine has evaporated.
Meanwhile, slice the reserved cooked chicken.
Add the Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth and spaghetti, then cover and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, uncover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until most of the bone broth has absorbed, the pasta is tender and a creamy sauce is coating the pasta.
Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese, and butter. Add the sliced chicken, mozzarella pearls and fresh basil, then check for seasoning and serve!