For the Pad Thai sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, or 1 tablespoon lime
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
For the Pad Thai
- 1 package rice noodles, cooked according to instructions
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- Handful fresh cilantro, optional
Whisk all sauce ingredients and set aside.
Cook rice noodles. Rinse, drain and set aside.
Sauté carrots and peppers in oil of choice (I like sesame or vegetable oil).
Move veggies aside and scramble eggs. Alternatively you can also fry the eggs. Remove the eggs and set aside.
Add rice noodles to veggies. Add sauce. Stir. Add bean sprouts and stir again.
Top with eggs, scallions, cilantro and peanuts.