For a quick weeknight dinner that requires minimal clean up, look no farther than this One Skillet Lemon Chicken! The Country Crock with Sunflower Oil helps to create the irrestible, lemony sauce to coat the pasta.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken cutlets, or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/ 2 cup all purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon Country Crock with Sunflower Oil, divided
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/ 4 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1/ 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- For serving: 1 lb cooked angel hair pasta tossed with 2 tbsp Country Crock with Sunflower Oil
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add flour to a shallow bowl and lightly coat chicken on both sides with flour. Tap off excess. Repeat with remaining chicken and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp country crock. Once melted, add half of prepared chicken and cook for 3 minutes per side (or until cooked through)*. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken. Tent cooked chicken with tin foil.
To the same skillet, add the lemon slices and cook until they begin to brown and caramelize, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from pan, then add remaining 2 tbsp country crock. Once melted add onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and add garlic. Cook for one more minute.
Raise heat to high and add white wine, scraping to deglaze the pan. Let reduce by half, then add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add reserved chicken and lemon slices. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
Add lemon juice and parsley and serve.
Cook pasta according to the package directions, toss with 2 tbsp Country Crock, then add chicken and pan sauce on top.
*Note: If using boneless skinless chicken thighs, you may need to cook for 1 additional minute per side.