This Kimchi spiced riff on fried rice was made by TastyYummies using Cascadian Farms Riced Cauliflower Blend with Stir-Fry Veggies! It's the perfect umami packed breakfast that we have been craving for this weekend.
To see more recieps inspired by Cascadian Farm, click here!
- 2 tablespoon ghee, avocado oil or other cooking fat
- 1 cup kimchi (more or less to taste), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 - 2 cups cooked protein, chicken, pork, beef cut into bite-sized pieces or shredded, other options: shrimp or 3 eggs, scrambled
- 5 cups Cascadian Farms Frozen Riced Cauliflower Blend with Stir-Fry Vegetables* (1.5 packages)
- 2 tablespoon kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce or tamari)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Topping Options:
- Additional kimchi, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Fried egg (per person)
- 1-2 tablespoons chili paste or sriracha for topping
- Sesame oil and/or sesame seeds for topping
- Crisp / roasted seaweed, cut into thin pieces
- Thinly sliced scallions
To a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ghee or other cooking oil, add the chopped kimchi, garlic and ginger. Cook for several minutes until the kimchi starts to brown a little, 3 to 5 minutes. Add any cooked protein (not scrambled eggs or shrimp). Heat through. Give it a couple minutes.
Add the Cascadian Farms Frozen Riced Cauliflower Blend with Stir-Fry Vegetables, along with the Kimchi juice and coconut aminos. Reduce heat to medium. Cover the wok or skillet and cook for 3 minutes. You want the veggies to be no longer frozen and barely tender but definitely not mushy.
Take the lid off, increase the heat to medium-high, cook another minute, add scrambled eggs if using or cooked shrimp. Turn off the heat. Taste and add sea salt to taste, if necessary (likely it will not be).
Serve the Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice topped with a fried egg, sesame oil, toasted seaweed or nori sheets, srirarcha or sesame oil, scallions, microgreens, etc.
*if using straight up frozen cauliflower rice, I recommend using 3 cups of cauliflower rice and adding approximately 2 cups of additional frozen or already cooked veggies, stir-fry veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, onion, etc. Add at the same time as the cauliflower.
*If you are gluten-free, be sure to buy a kimchi that is gluten-free and always look for hidden sugar or other shady ingredients. Better yet, find an amazing recipe online and make your own.