Vegan Fried Rice
Prep time 18mins
Cook time 20mins
Serves or Makes: 7
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 white onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/ 2 block of extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups of day old white rice
- 2 tablespoons San-J Organic Tamari Soy Sauce, plus more to taste
- Salt, to taste.
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste.
- 1 cup of vegan egg substitute, (optional), cooked and scrambled
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
In a large pan or wok add sesame oil to coat bottom. On medium heat add garlic and onion, cook until fragrant. Add carrots, and red pepper.
Cook for a few more minutes before adding in tofu and broccoli. Once tofu begins to brown and vegetables are tender, add in the white rice and tamari soy sauce.
In a separate pan scramble the vegan eggs and then combine into the fried rice.
Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.