- 2 medium eggplants, around 1 lb each
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari Lite Soy Sauce w/ 50% Less Sodium
- 2 tablespoons unsalted tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/ 2 teaspoons sambal olek (or other chile paste)
- 1/ 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped plus extra for garnish
- Vegetable crudité and/or crackers, for servings
Preheat oven to 450o F.
Prick the eggplants a few times with a fork, place on the sheet pan and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until extremely soft.
When the eggplants are cool, remove the stem and peel away the skin.
Place the eggplants and all other ingredients, except the cilantro and chives, into the bowl of a food processor. Process until all ingredients are combined.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and scoop into a bowl. Stir the cilantro and chives into the dip and serve with vegetable crudité and/or crackers.