Looking for a new weeknight go-to? Made with Tuttorosso Tomatoes, this flavorful sauce is loaded with carrots, celery, onion, artichokes and green olives, and the Petite Diced Tuttorosso Tomatoes give the dish a wonderfully unique flavor. It’s sweet, slightly spicy, briny and could not be easier to make. Use it to top your favorite pasta, on zoodles, or to poach eggs in for breakfast!
Get $3 off when you spend $10 or more on Tuttorosso products! Get your coupon here.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 diced celery stalks
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/ 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1/ 2 cup pitted and chopped Castelvatrano olives
- 1/ 2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes Chunky Style in Puree with Sweet Basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Tuttorosso Tuscan Herb Petite Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary, Onions and Garlic
- 1 pound spaghetti, or pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional, for serving
In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté for 7-10 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
Add artichokes and olives and cook for 5 more minutes. Add wine, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste, then serve over cooked pasta of choice. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.