- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, plus more for spice
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3/ 4 cup dry white wine
- 1 28 ounce can Tuttorosso Tomatoes Diced Tomatoes in Puree with Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti (optional), cooked according to the packaging instructions
In a pan over medium to low heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil has heated up add the shrimp and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp and place in a bowl for later.
To the same pan over low heat add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, onions, chili flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook down the garlic and onions until soft and fragrant (approx. 5 minutes) being careful to not brown them. If they begin to brown, lower the heat.
Deglaze the pan with the wine and simmer 3-5 minutes until 1/2 the wine has cooked off.
Add Tuttorosso Tomatoes Diced Tomatoes in Puree with Olive Oil, parsley, and basil. Cover and cook down for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes of cooking, taste and add additional salt if needed.
Once the sauce has simmered for 30 minutes, add the shrimp back in along with any residual juices that pooled in the bowl. Optional to add 1/3 cup of pasta water if opting to put this dish over pasta. Simmer the shrimp for 2-3 minutes in the sauce before serving.