Prep time 20mins
Cook time 15mins
Serves or Makes: 4
- 3 pitas, cut into 8 triangles
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons za'atar, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sumac, plus more for garnish
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- small bunch of fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- harissa, for serving
- tahini sauce, for serving
- Aleppo pepper, for garnish ⠀
Preheat the oven to 400 degreesF. Add pita wedges to a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with za'atar and sumac. Toss to coat. Bake until crisp and lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add cubed eggplant and fry until golden brown on all sides. Once done, remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with kosher salt. Set aside.
In medium bowl, mix chopped cucumber, tomato, fresh mint and lemon juice. Season with salt.
To serve, scatter toasted pita chips onto a platter. Top with fried eggplant, chopped salad, and hard boiled eggs.
Garnish with olive oil, tahini sauce, harissa, fresh herbs and Aleppo pepper.