Honey Sesame Salmon with Fennel, Clementines and Zhong Sauce
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 20mins
Serves or Makes: 4
For the Salmon
- 1 1/ 2 pounds center-cut salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
For Fennel Clementine Salad
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 clementine, small grapefruit, or small orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced into rings
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Fly by Jing Zhong Dumpling Sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fennel fronds, for garnish⠀
Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
Pat salmon filet dry using paper towels and season with kosher salt. Whisk together honey and sesame oil in a small bowl, then liberally brush mixture over salmon. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center of the salmon filet reaches 130F degrees. Let rest for at least of 5 minutes.
While salmon cooks, add sliced fennel, clementine segments, shallots, and radishes to a large bowl. Toss to combine and season with rice wine vinegar and salt.
Once salmon has rested, place onto a serving platter and top with fennel salad. Drizzle Fly by Jing Zhong Sauce to taste and garnish with fennel fronds.