Find similar recipes on our Brownies feed edited by @Now_forager, featuring this delicious Espresso Hazelnut Brownies by @bakingwiththegoodhair and these Thick Fudgy Brownies by @peanutbutterpluschocolate.
Looking for more Vegan Sweets? Check out Our 5 Favorite Vegan Brownie Recipes!
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/ 4 cup water
- 1 1/ 4 cup cake flour
- 1/ 2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces non-dairy dark chocolate, melted
- 1/ 2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/ 2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1/ 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 8 ounces non-dairy chocolate, melted
- 1/ 4 cup creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180º C). Line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
Combine flaxseed meal and water. Let rest for few minutes until it thickens.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk together melted chocolate, coconut oil, and instant coffee powder. Fold chocolate mixture into dry ingredients. Add the flaxseed paste and vanilla. Pour mixture into a prepared pan. Tap gently against the counter to release any air bubbles.
Bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely in the pan. Spread melted chocolate over brownie, dollop of the peanut butter batter on top. Using a knife gently swirl the peanut butter and chocolate together. Transfer brownies to the fridge to set.
Cut chilled brownie into bars and serve.