- 4 cups heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1/ 4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices of day-old bread (I used buckwheat sourdough)
Soak the bread in water for 10 min and then squeeze the excess of liquid (you can add more bread at the end if you want to reach a thicker and creamier consistency)
Add all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in your blender and purée until very smooth.
With the blender running, gradually add the olive oil to emulsify.
Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight)
Pour into bowls, garnish with sea salt flakes, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.