For the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
For the Rice Bowls:
- 3 (4-ounce) salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups short-grain rice, cooked to package directions
- 1/ 4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Avocado, sliced, for topping
- Green onions, sliced, for topping
- Edamame, for topping
- Cucumber, sliced, for topping
- Sesame seeds, toasted, for topping
Combine marinade ingredients, mix well, and pour over salmon in a large resealable bag. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or up to 12.
Heat oil in a nonstick pot over medium high (make sure it has a lid!). Sear salmon skin-side up for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the marinade over the fish, turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the salmon and let it rest, then turn up the heat to medium high and let the sauce thicken and reduce by about a third.
In the meantime, cook the rice. Mix together rice vinegar, sugar, and salt (you may need to heat it a bit to get everything to dissolve). Pour mixture over cooked rice and mix gently. Cover with a towel until ready to use.
Serve the salmon over sushi rice, spoon glaze on top, and garnish with cucumber, edamame, sliced scallions, avocado, and sesame seeds.