Spice up your average weeknight dinner with Pacific Foods and this flavorful-as-ever curry bake. The basmati rice is cooked in nourishing Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth for an ultra-flavorful pot of grains! We also added a splash of Pacific Foods Plant-Based Unsweetened Coconut Beverage for a bit of creamy richness.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/ 2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/ 2 cups long grain basmati rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 1/ 2 cup Pacific Foods Plant-Based Unsweetened Coconut Beverage
- 1 1/ 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of chopped string beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Heat oil in a 5.5 qt dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, curry powder, turmeric, paprika and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Add coconut beverage, bring to a simmer, cover and par cook rice for 6 minutes.
Remove lid and add Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth, salt, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, peas, and string beans. Mix well to combine, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with fresh cilantro, lime wedges and sliced almonds. Serve hot.