Prep time 15mins
Cook time 1hr
Serves or Makes: 8
- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 whole piece ginger, pounded and kept whole or finely grated
- 2 5" stalks of lemongrass, pounded
- 10 assorted chicken leg and thigh parts
- 16 ounces water, plus more as needed
- 2 14 ounce jars EPIC Homestyle Savory Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 large bay leaves
- 2 pieces chayote (or green papaya), cut into wedges
- 1 head bok choy, chopped into medium pieces
- 1/ 2 cup Moringa (Malunggay leaves)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot, add oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, and lemongrass until fragrant, 2 minutes.
Add in the chicken. Sear on all sides until the skin is golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
Add water, EPIC Homestyle Savory Chicken Bone Broth, and bay leaves to the pot. Bring to a boil. Add chayote, cover the pot and simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until chayote is fork tender.
Add the bok choy, malunggay leaves and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat. Season soup with the fish sauce and ground black pepper to taste. Serve in a bowl with steamed rice.