For crispy tofu:
- 1 block extra firm natural tofu
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt and cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
Prepare the tofu. Press and drain it to get rid of excess water, then cut it into small cubes.
Combine the spices with soy sauce. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add tofu. Pour the sauce over it, mix to make sure that all is coated and fry for around 15-20mins, until crispy. Set aside.
To make the salsa place all chopped ingredients in a mixing bowl, add salt and cayenne pepper, maple syrup and freshly squeezed lime juice. Gently toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
If you wish, heat your tortillas up on the stove. Fill each tortilla with some spicy tofu, top with salsa. You can garnish them with more chili or fresh cilantro and pour some vegan sour cream over the tortillas.
For mango avocado salsa:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/ 2 red onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, de-seeded
- pinch sea salt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 handfuls of fresh cilantro
- 1/ 2 red bell pepper, optional
- pinch cayenne pepper (or use normal for less spicy salsa)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 mini tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 green chili, optional
- 1 Handful shredded red cabbage for extra crunch