For the Roasted Vegetables
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed and discarded
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- Handful mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
For the Crispy Tofu
- 1 14 ounce block tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon brown rice miso
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Peanuts, chopped, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Divide the vegetables between 2 baking sheets and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 45-50 minutes until soft in the middle and caramelized on the outside. Keep your eye on them as they will cook at varying times. Remove when cooked.
Heat the rapeseed oil in a large wok or frying pan. Fry tofu for a few minutes per side, until brown and crispy, then transfer to a plate.
Add all sauce ingredients to a bowl or mason jar and mix well to combine.
Arrange roasted vegetables and tofu on a platter. Toss with the peanut sauce to serve.