- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/ 2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/ 4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil spray
- Blueberries, for garnishing and serving
- Strawberries, for garnishing and serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
Preheat a waffle iron.
In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt.
In a stand mixer, beat egg whites on medium until stiff peaks form.
Combine almond milk, vinegar and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine almond milk/vinegar mixture, yolks, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients.
Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the batter until just combined.
Spay heated waffle iron well with coconut oil. Spoon batter onto iron, and cook till golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Transfer cooled waffles to a charcuterie board and fill in with you favorite waffles toppings.