Egg Roll in a Bowl
Prep time 8mins
Cook time 9mins
Serves or Makes: 4
For the sauce
- 1/ 4 cup coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
For the filling
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 14 ounce block extra firm tofu
- 1/ 2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix, or 5 cups shredded cabbage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 eggs, whisked
- cooked rice, for serving
- scallions, sliced for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Whisk together sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil over medium heat. Add tofu, breaking apart with back of spoon. When the tofu has browned a bit (about 5 minutes), add sliced onion and celery. Sauté until onions and celery are soft, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Make a well in the middle, stir in sauce until well combined. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
In the same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Scramble eggs until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
Add coleslaw mix and slowly stir together until soft.
Removed from heat. Add rice to a serving bowl, top with “egg roll” mixture. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.