This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
This will be your go-to, easy to make, one-bowl muffin recipe that requires minimal effort. It has everything you need for a delicious breakfast on the go. Soft, velvety, and laced with Simply Organic Cloves, these muffins are a delicious way to get into the fall spirit. Add in the bright chai spices and the soft texture from ripened bananas and this is the best kind of make-ahead breakfast or snack that you'll keep going back for!
To see more recipes using Simply Organic Spices, click here!
For the Muffins
- 1 3/ 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/ 2 teaspoons chai spice, (recipe below)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed, mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 2/ 3 cup honey
- 1/ 3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1/ 3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- Coconut oil cooking spray, as needed
For the Chai Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chai spice, (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the Muffins and Chai Glaze
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12- slot muffin pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, chai spice, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a separate large bowl combine mashed bananas, honey, coconut oil, egg, turbinado sugar and vanilla extract. Stir with a whisk until everything is well incorporated.
Add oats to the wet mixture and fold in with a spatula. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients in two batches and fold until well incorporated.
Fill each muffin tin about ⅔ of the way. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, 20-23 minutes.
While the muffins bake, make the chai glaze. In a bowl, add confectioners sugar, chai spice and milk. Using a whisk, mix until you get a smooth glaze.
Let cool, drizzle with chai glaze and serve. Muffins will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For the Chai Spice
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Whole Black Peppercorns, ground into a smooth powder
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Fennel Seed, ground into a smooth powder
- 3 teaspoons Simply Organic Cardamom
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Cloves
For the Chai Spice
Combine all spices in a small bowl, whisking until well combined.
Store in an airtight container. Use as needed.