- 3 tablespoons lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 1 tablepoon oil, of choice, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zested
- Salt and pepper, To Taste
- 1 (8 ounce) block tempeh
Place all ingredients except tempeh in an airtight container and mix well. Chop tempeh into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes and add to the marinade.
Seal and gently shake to fully coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator, turning a few times. After tempeh is marinated, heat a large pan over medium heat with a bit of oil.
Once the pan is hot, add marinated tempeh and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until deep golden.