As the saying goes, you eat with your eyes first! And these tacos define that statement. Packed full of colorful veggies and topped off with an avocado queso sauce, it's creamy, spicy and crunchy all in one.
For the Vegan Avocado Queso Dip
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, then drained
- 3 medium avocado, deseeded
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeños, deseeded and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Pan Fried Tofu
- 1 (8-ounce) block firm or extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup neutral, high heat oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper, as needed
For the Tacos and Assembly
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- 1 small beet, peeled and cut into matchsticks
For the Vegan Queso: Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Remove from blender into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
For the Pan Fried Tofu: Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Fry the tofu on both sides until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Add the soy sauce, coconut amino acids, taco season, salt and pepper and stir gently until all the ingredients are well combined. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
For Assembly: Gently warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Top the warm tortillas with tofu, vegetables and vegan queso. Enjoy!