Cereal Granola With Almond Butter
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 35mins
Serves or Makes: 12
- 3/ 4 cup unsweetened almond butter, peanut butter, seed butter, or tahini
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil
- 1/ 3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 cups unsweetened cereal (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1/ 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried fruit, (cranberries, cherries, chopped apricots, or a mix)
- Milk or yogurt, fresh fruit, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
Line a baking sheet with If You Care unbleached parchment baking paper.
Whisk almond butter, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, and egg whites in a large bowl until smooth. Add cereal, seeds, oats, and cinnamon and stir until thoroughly coated and combined. Spread mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until toasted and golden brown, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely, undisturbed.
Add orange zest and dried fruit to granola and toss to combine, breaking up large clusters to desired size.
Portion granola in If You Care Snack and Sandwich Bags.