This recipe is featured in our weekly Meal Planner. Sign up here to have 7 great recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 4 large vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 5 green chiles, chopped (or 1 (4.5 oz) can of chopped green chiles)
- 1 habanero pepper, halved (optional)
- 4 limes, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 4 handfuls tortilla chips
- pickled shallots (optional), for garnish
- crumbles cheese of choice (optional), for serving -blue cheese was used here
- olive oil, as needed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
Preheat oven to 400˚F degrees and add onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, green chiles and habanero. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast and blister in the oven for about an hour.
Start to make your sauce by adding blistered veggies, the juice of 2 limes, salt, pepper, garlic to a blender. Add a mix of olive oil and water and blend until you get a smooth, thick consistency (you don't want it t be watery).
In a large skillet, add sauce and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add chips and let them cook in the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes more. In a separate skillet, fry eggs to your liking.
To serve, divide the chip mixture among four plates and top with a fried egg. Garnish with remaining limes (cut into wedges), sliced radishes, cilantro, crumbled cheese and shallots (if using)