- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons harissa powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Croutons, optional
- Fresh herbs, as garnish
In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the onion until soft. Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, and harissa spice mix and cook for 5 minutes more.
Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock, and sugar. Bring to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
Using a blender or an immersion blender carefully purée the soup. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm and top with croutons and fresh herbs.