- 1 1/ 2 cups whole raw or roasted almonds
- 1/ 2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups covered with cool water and soaked for 12 hours or with boiling water for 1-2 hours cashews
- 1/ 2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/ 2 cup fresh lemon juice, (juice from 2 large lemons)
- 1/ 2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/ 8 teaspoon turmeric powder, (for yellow colour)
- pinch salt
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fine shredded coconut
Line 8" springform pan with parchment paper (can also use tart pan with removable sides or deep dish pie plate).
Place your almonds, coconut, salt, and maple syrup in a food processor or blender and blend until a loose dough forms. It may take several minutes if using a food processor. I used a blender and I stopped it just as the mixture became a uniform colour, but before it became too oily (like almond butter).
Scoop crust mixture into pan or pie plate. Press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even. Rinse food processor/blender out well. Chill crust in fridge or freezer.
Drain and rinse the cashews and pour them and the rest of the filling ingredients into your food processor/blender and blend on high until very smooth. A food processor may take up to 5-8 minutes. Test it to see if it is still grainy, if so process for a couple more minutes.
Pour filling into chilled crust, smooth with a spatula, and chill in the fridge until firm, ~ 4 hours (or cover and chill overnight).
Raspberry Sauce and Toppings
Before serving, add fresh or frozen raspberries and maple syrup to a small pot and heat on low-medium until the berries soften or release moisture. Mash with a spoon or fork. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
Once tart is firm, carefully remove it from springform pan or tart pan or serve straight in pie plate. Cover in the raspberry sauce, fresh blueberries, and a sprinkle of coconut.
Leftovers can be covered and kept in the fridge for 3 days, or cover and store in the freezer.