- 5 small rainbow carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/ 2 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 slices multigrain bread, gluten free if needed
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, ghee, or mayonnaise
Add carrots, shallots and jalapeño to a bowl and pour in apple cider vinegar and maple syrup. Sprinkle a little salt on it. Mix with a spoon and press down so that the veggies are submerged. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
After the 10 minutes, add radishes, avocado oil and a little more salt to the bowl and stir to cover. Let it marinate for another 10 minutes.
Toast your bread, and spread with a thin layer of mayonnaise, ghee, or vegan butter.
Taste test salad and season with more salt if necessary. Top bread with sliced avocado, drained salad and lemon zest and enjoy.