Soba Noodles with Vegetables
This nutrient filled soba noodles is the perfect meal for 2! It's packed with sautéed vegetables like shiitake mushrooms, spinach, edamame, bok choy and is tossed in an ultra creamy coconut sauce. Enjoy a bowl for lunch or dinner!
- 7 ounces soba noodles
- 3 1/2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces spinach
- 3 1/2 ounces edamame, shelled
- 1 baby pak choy, cut in half pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chili flakes + chili oil, optional
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 6 3/4 fluid ounce 200ml coconut milk
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta and cook pasta al dente. Rinse with cold running water and drain. Make the coconut sauce by stirring the ingredients together in a bowl.
Heat the coconut oil in a pan, sauté mushrooms until edges are crispy and caramelized. Reduce the heat, add garlic, shallot and ginger, cook until soft. Add pak choi, edamame and spinach and cook until wilted. Pour the coconut sauce and simmer for 5 minutes more. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Combine with soba noodles and serve immediately. Sprinkle with sesame and chili flakes, drizzle with chili oil for a spicy kick. Enjoy!