Green Pea Soup With Halloumi Fritters
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons butter, ghee or chicken fat
1 small head broccoli, roughly shopped
3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup leafy greens (spinach, rocket, kale)
3 cups chicken broth or stock
Two handfuls mixed herbs (coriander, parsley, mint)
Big pinch sea salt
Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
Fried halloumi, to serve
1. Heat fat in a large soup pot over a medium heat, then add onion and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
2. Add broccoli, celery, zucchini, peas, and stock, and bring to the boil.
3. Allow to simmer until vegetables are tender.
4. Add leafy greens and herbs, along with salt to season.
5. Puree with a stick blender until at your desired texture.
6. Serve topped with halloumi cheese and drizzles of olive oil.