- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee, or chicken fat
- 1 small head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup (spinach, rocket, kale) leafy greens
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 handfuls mixed herbs, (coriander, parsley, mint)
- a big pinch of sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Fried halloumi, to serve
Heat fat in a large soup pot over a medium heat, then add onion and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
Add broccoli, celery, zucchini, peas, and stock, and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer until vegetables are tender.
Add leafy greens and herbs, along with salt to season. Puree with a stick blender until at your desired texture.
Serve topped with halloumi cheese and drizzles of olive oil.