- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/ 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 Thai green chilies, minced, optional
- 2/ 3 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/ 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into 9 equal squares
- 2/ 3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/ 2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In sauté pan over low heat, melt butter. Add in onion, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Sauté for 1 minute.
Add corn, lime juice, chili powder, chaat masala, turmeric, garam masala, pepper and salt. Sauté for additional 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. Mix in shredded cheese. Don’t worry if it doesn’t melt, it will in the oven!
Roll out edges of each puff pastry square to make it slightly larger in size. Equally distribute corn-cheese mixture on each puff pastry square. Fold to form rectangle. Crimp edges with fork to seal and ensure nothing spills out.
Spread out evenly on baking pan. Brush top and edges of puff pastries with milk. This will ensure it stays golden and doesn’t burn.
Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are slightly golden brown.