- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and deseeded
- 2 large beets, peeled and chopped in 1-inch cubes or smaller
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef, bison, or venison
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can Muir Glen Tomato Paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/ 4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray.
Place spaghetti squash flesh-side down on 2/3 of the pan, then spread beets on remaining 1/3. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until squash is peeling away from the skin and beets are fork-tender.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium. Add meat and cook until no longer pink. Add onions, carrots and celery and cook for 3 minutes until soft. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Add tomato paste and spices, stir to combine. Reduce heat to low to keep mixture warm until squash and beets are done cooking.
Add diced tomatoes and beets to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour over meat mixture and stir to combine.
Shred spaghetti squash with a fork and divide between 4 bowls. Top with tomato beet bolognese.