- 6 ears of corn, kernels removed, cobs discarded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/ 2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
Heat the canola oil over medium high heat and add corn. Cook until slightly charred, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Once corn has cooled, add to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Still until well combined and check for seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, cayenne or chili powder to taste.