"This salad is full of plant-based protein from the buckwheat, edamame, and hemp seeds. The miso in the dressing adds a boost of probiotics since miso is fermented and in case you were curious, contrary to its name, buckwheat is gluten-free and contains fiber and magnesium!"
Kale And Soba Noodle Salad With Miso Ginger Almond Dressing
Recipe Intro From thecrunchyradish
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 15mins
Serves or Makes: 2
- For dressing:
- 3 tablespoon white or chickpea miso
- 2 tablespoon almond or sun butter
- 1/ 4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 inch knob ginger, peeled
- 1/ 4 cup tamari, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/ 4 cup brown rice vinegar
- Note: if the dressing is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp of water
- For the Salad:
- 1 1/ 2 cup cooked buckwheat noodles
- 1 cup acinato kale, cut into ribbons
- 1/ 2 cup napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/ 2 cup edamame
- 1/ 2 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
For the dressing: place all of the ingredients into a blender and run until smooth. Add water, a teaspoon at a time to thin, if needed.
To assemble: Combine the noodles, kale, cabbage, carrot, and edamame in a large bowl. Toss well with preferred amount of dressing, and top with avocado and hemp seeds.