For the Filling
- 1 pound fresh raspberries
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zested (1 tablespoon)
For the Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 9-inch pie crust, homemade or storebought, prebaked
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Make the berry filling: Gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl (don't worry the cornstarch will absorb) and set aside.
Make the crumb topping: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
Spoon the berry mixture into your pre-baked pie shell and cover edges of pie crust with foil or a pie shield to prevent the crust from burning. Top with crumb topping. Place on a parchment/foil lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 45-60 minutes or until topping is golden brown.