- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mushroom flavored dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/ 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
Sesame and Miso Vinaigrette:
In a small mixing bowl, combine miso paste, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice, and ginger. Stir until brown sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
To make the slaw:
In a large mixing bowl combine carrot, cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, and chives. Using 1 tablespoon at a time, drizzle in vinaigrette over the slaw, mixing to coat. Note: Do not add all at once. Reserve the extra dressing.
Let slaw sit for an hour in the refrigerator.
Garnish with black sesame seeds before serving.