- 2 tablespoons herb infused olive oil, or olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 medium apples, (pink lady, honeycrisp, sweet tango), cubed
- 3 cups stems removed and chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, optional
- 3 large eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/ 3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/ 4 cup Roasted pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium. Add shallots and garlic. Sauté until translucent and very fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Add butternut squash and apples to skillet. Raise heat to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Once squash and apples are slightly charred, reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender. Taste and add maple syrup if needed. Stir in kale and sauté 2-3 minutes, until wilted and incorporated into hash.
Crack eggs directly on top of skillet. Bake 5- 8 minutes or until the egg whites are set and the yolk is jammy. Remove from heat and top with avocado, avocado, and pumpkin seeds.