- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (2-inch) piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the turmeric, onion, and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and season with salt and cook until the carrots begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the carrots are soft when poked with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the coconut milk and lime juice.
Transfer to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add chia seeds and stir to combine.
Ladle into bowls, then top each with a drizzle of coconut milk and garnish with cilantro leaves and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.